StartUp Monk Media and Events Private Limited, a Company Incorporated pursuant to the laws of India, having its Registered Office at 1206, Tower No: 03, Paras Seasons, Sector-168, Noida-201305 (hereinafter referred to as “Startup Monk”, “we”, “our” or “us”) engagedinter-alia in the business of providing one-stop shop solutions to startups and other business entities (hereinafter referred to as “Users”, “You”) with services beginning with Online Publication, Startup consultancy, Startup Events, Incubation, Accelerator programs, Mentorship and Project Advisory and other services in India and overseas (collectively referred to as the “Services”).
3. Information Collection and Use
We may collect and process the following personal information or data (information that can be uniquely identified with you) about you, we may ask this information:
3.1.1 Certain information required while using/ accessing the Website/Platform, including but not limited to your name, address, date of birth and following information:
- Your e-mail address and a password;
- A mobile number;
- A record of any correspondence between you and us;
- Employment details
- Educational qualification(s).
- Information regarding your use of our Services through the Website/Platform including your location details and personal information that you post in your Profile, wants, or feedback, and any comments or discussions you post in any blog, chat room, or other correspondence on the Website/Platform.
Your replies to any surveys or questionnaires that we may use for research purposes
3.2 Use of Your Personal Information:
- Startup Monk gathers
personal information from you
from time to time in order to
enhance existing offerings or provide additional
Services. Startup Monk collates the information essential for understanding
Users in such a way as to provide better Services.
- Any personal information given to us through Startup Monk Website/Platform is used exclusively by Startup Monk unless otherwise mentioned on the Startup Monk Website/Platform. Startup Monk does not make this information available to third parties who trade or rent information for direct marketing purposes.
- We shall use your personal information for studying trends and preferences.
- From time to time, we may use your Personal Information to send important notices, such as communications and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- We may also use Personal Information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis and
- Research to improve Startup Monk’s Services and customer communications.
4. Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect non-personal information (data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual). We may collect, use, transfer and disclose non- personal information for any purpose.
Given below are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as industry, language, pin code, area code, unique device identifier, Location and the time zone where the Services are used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our Services.
- Startup Monk also may monitor customer traffic patterns and Website usage to help refine and improve the design and layout of the Startup Monk Website/Platform as well as the User experience. As a result, Startup Monk automatically tracks certain information about the Users. This information includes the Users’ browser type, most recent URL and the next URL that the User visits, regardless of whether these URLs are on the Startup Monk Platform or not. Startup Monk will also track visitors’ IP addresses. We use this information to, among other things, identify broad demographic trends that may be used to provide information tailored to users’ interests. In the event we combine any non-personal information along with any personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
5. Information Sharing
We also use your information (and the information you provide to us) to perform and provide you with the Services and to communicate with you. We will not share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies, unless we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We may share any of the information we gather about you with third party agents and service providers to facilitate the operation of the Services offered by Startup Monk
Website/Platform, to provide the Startup Monk Website/Platform and our Services or functions on our behalf and to perform related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Service’s features, or to process credit card payments), or to assist us in analyzing how the Startup Monk Website/Platform and Services are used. These third parties may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- We will cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law and will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process, to protect our property and rights or those of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable.
- We may share aggregated information that does not include personal information and we may otherwise disclose such information with third parties for industry analysis, demographic and analytical profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your personal information.
- We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets, which could include your personal information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
6. Cookies and Other Technologies
Startup Monk Website/Platform may use “cookies” and other technologies such as pixel tags.
These technologies help us better understand user behavior, tells us which parts of our
Website/Platform users have visited
facilitates and measures the effectiveness of advertisements and web searches. A cookie is a small piece of information that a website can
send to your browser which may then be stored on your computer’s hard drive. It acts as an
anonymous tag that identifies your computer, but not you personally. Cookies have the ability to store information about web pages viewed and the advertisements viewed or clicked. For registered customers, cookies can also save user information and screen preferences. We treat information collected by cookies and other technologies as non-personal information. However, to the extent that Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or similar identifiers are considered personal information by law, we also treat
these identifiers as personal information.
Pixel tags, also known as a clear GIF or web beacon, are invisible tags placed on certain pages of our Website but not on your computer. When you access these pages, pixel tags generate a generic notice of that visit. They usually work in conjunction with cookies, registering when a particular computer visits a particular page. If you turn off cookies, the pixel tag will simply detect an anonymous website visit. Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in such a format that customer can read and they tell us whether the email has been opened by the customer. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
If you want to disable cookies you can modify your settings on your browser in order to reject automatic acceptance of cookie. You can check with your provider to find out how to disable cookies. However, certain features of the Website may not be available once cookies are disabled.
7. Your ability to edit and delete your account information and preferences
You can edit your Account Information. We reserve the right to send you certain communications, such as service announcements and administrative messages and other communications relating to the Services.
Startup Monk Website/Platform has various electronic, procedural and physical security
measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of information, or any accidental loss, destruction or damage to data. When you submit
your information via Startup Monk
Website/Platform, your information is protected through security systems. There may be instances where we require proof of identity before disclosing
any of your information to you.
agree to be responsible to protect the security of your username and password and other registration details, if any. We take reasonable security measures and procedures, and as
specified by applicable law, to maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative security to help prevent
loss, misuse, or unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of Personal Information.
we take these reasonable
efforts to safeguard
information, you acknowledge and agree that no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for the unauthorized use of your information or for any lost, stolen, compromised passwords, or for any activity on your Account via unauthorized password activity.
If you have any questions about the security at the Startup Monk Website/Platform, you may contact us. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are impenetrable.
9. Integrity and Retention of Data
11. Contact for any query
12. Grievance Officer
In accordance with Information Technology Act 2008 and rules made there under, in case of grievances you can contact:
StartUp Monk Media and Events Private Limited, at 1206, Tower No: 03, Paras Seasons, Sector-168, Noida-201305 email@example.com.
© 2019 StartUp Monk Media and Events Private Limited. All Rights Reserved